- With our Viper light units the complete fitting and connections are completely splashproof.
- The fitting has a special hanging set making it very flexible for a range of installations.
- When switching on there is no flickering which extends the life preventing the tubes from deteriorating.
- The reflector has a unique Gull Wing shape which is designed to avoid, as far as possible, the light reflecting back through the tube therefore resulting in maximum light output and minimum waste of energy.
- The reflector has been designed to fit into a groove on the light body to hold it in the ideal position.
- Depending on your output requirements the reflectors are available for use with 2ft, 3ft, 4ft or 5ft tubes (0.6m, 1m, 1.2m or 1.5m) with a choice of 24, 39, 54 or 80 watt tubes.
- The ballast is fully electronic - it does not need a starter - which achieves longevity of the bulb and the lowest energy saving per watt of any ballast system available. It is also able to tolerate power surges between 220-240v.
- All our tubes use an A1 phosphor blend which is imperative to maintain a five point light spectrum. This enables replication of natural light in your aquarium.
- Our T5's with A1 phosphor blend gives up to 10% more light per watt (using 40% less electricity) than can be obtained from an HQI (with minimal radiant heat) keeping the tank cool in the summer.
- A tube Life of up to 15,000 hours (recommended to be changed after 12 months).
- Much thinner tubes than normal fluorescent T8 Type.