The D-D RO Units are supplied with 2m each of 3 coloured pipes which should be connected to the unit on assembly. To make this easy we fit 3 short sections of pipe into the unit for identification of the ports.
- White - Water feed
- Orange - Waste water - concentrate ( restrictor to be fitted to this pipe)
- Blue - Pure water - permeate
Occasionally the blue and orange pipes are fitted reversed and this results in very little water through the orange wastepipe and most coming through the blue pipe.
A simple check to ensure your unit is piped correctly is as follows:
- Connect the white pipe to the mains supply and to the clear pod of the RO unit.
- Connect the blue and orange pipes as you believe is correct and at this stage do not fit the flow restrictor.
- Switch on the water to the unit and watch the flow from the 2 coloured pipes. One will have a much higher flow than the other and this is the waste pipe which should be orange leaving the other blue. If this is not correct then swap the 2 pipes over.
- Fit the flow restrictor to the orange pipe and the flow will reduce and increase from the blue pipe. Do not expect a huge flow from the blue pipe as during normal operation this will be only a dribble depending on the temperature and pressure of the water.
- Ensure that the flow restrictor valve is at 90 degrees to the firection of the flow to restrict it and observe the flushing mode when it is inline.
- Flush the membrane for a couple of hours to remove the antibacterial chemicals that the membranes are packed with.